Friday, September 5, 2008

A New World, A New Journey

Having to live in the human is very much different than the underworld, not only time travel faster, the lifespan of every human is rather short and those fortunate ones made it up to 100 years old. Though I have been away for 26 human years, I believe back in my realm, I only step out for couple of seconds. I hope the rest will not realize I had left my throne or else it's gonna be trouble...

Well, now that I'm stuck in this world, perhaps I'll share a tale of this place. Teluk Intan is the name of the town I'm in currently stuck at. There are a variety of humans living here, merely differentiate from their skin colours. Unlike demons, human skin colours are very much limited to yellow, pale brown or black and I'm rather proud of being demon (we got lotsa skin colours..yes!) Based on my understanding also, they celebrate their so called "happy" days judging from their skin colours. These happy days are categorized such as New Year (for the yellow beings - Chinese), Indian Light Festival (for the dark skinned - Indians, I learned from divine halls of knowledge there were also red skinned Indians living on the other side of the realm as well) and also the Raya (those from the pale brown tribe - Malays)


In the 1oth month of human year, the Chinese (or yellow beings) tribes will hold a parade of light. As Grace had mentioned to me it is known as Mid Autumn Festival or Lantern Festival. This place consist of four different dimension; Spring (the dimension filled with flowers), Summer (the heat dimension, my favourite though its not as hot as my homeland), Autumn (This is my favourite, the realm becomes windy and trees dried one by one that is so similar to death), and finally the frozen Winter where everything turns solid ice. Mortals enjoy all these four season (as it may be called) especially the younglings. Speaking of the Mid-Autumn Festival, the whole town will be decorated with light while the younglings each will hold a miniature lantern. Each of them shows a sense of happiness whenever they start to walk around the streets greeting one after another.


A tower decorated with light in Victoria Park, Hong Kong City

The festival is celebrated based on a very old legend (but long enough compared to myself...) about a woman that flew to the moon. I have no idea that humans can fly, but all these stories can be found on the hall of knowledge..or library in short. On this very day, I get to see a lot of happiness engulfed the whole town. Younglings are running around the town while the elders had more peaceful activities. They indulge themselves by drinking tea (a human elixir), chess (a game that consist of two players trying to capture each players lord to end the game), tasting mooncakes (unfortunately it is not made from moon despite it was named after it) and some slow tune I was told it is called music.

I wonder how is Queen Lilith doing right now.........

No comments: